Just as a master's degree is an academic recognition granted to persons that have undergone a course of study showing mastery of a specific field of professional practice or study, IEHA's Master's Program is for IEHA’s elite members committed to continuous improvement and propagating professionalism.
Through a reciprocal arrangement, IEHA will work with Master designation holders in order to benefit themselves and all IEHA members by promoting the collective knowledge of these most experienced and accomplished members of IEHA through educational initiatives and mentorship.
Interested MESRE and MESCE members wishing to pursue this additional designation must meet the following requirements:
- Must be Certified (MESCE) or Registered (MESRE)for three (3) consecutive years or have at least (8) years of management experience. Must be an IEHA member for at least 1 year.
- Provide 3 written letters of recommendation by peers noting job performance and contributions personally made to a facility, IEHA Chapter or in the betterment of the industry that will be reviewed by the IEHA Executive Director.
- MESCE applicants ( not going through a master boot camp) should provide a 2,500-word essay based on a topic of your choice, highlighting an area of your expertise (examples: infection prevention, floor care, green cleaning, pest control, etc.), which will also be reviewed by the IEHA Executive Director.
- MESRE applicants ( not going through a master boot camp) should provide a 3,500-word essay based on a topic of your choice highlighting an area of your expertise (examples: infection prevention, floor care, green cleaning, pest control, etc.), which will also be reviewed by the IEHA Executive Director.
- $1375.00 application fee must accompany the written essay
The IEHA Executive Director will review all submitted materials within 21 days, and make an official recommendation for qualified members. Members will then be allowed the use “Master” within their professional title. An official letter of introduction will be printed in Cleaning Maintenance Magazine and posted on IEHA website. You may also accomplish Master designation by going through a 3 day intensive training course( IEHA Masters Boot Camp) Members must maintain thier MESRE or MESCE designation as required to maintain the Master's designation.
MESRE and MESCE designees also receive the following benefits:
- Personalized MESCE or MESRE plaque
- MESCE or MESRE Certificate
- Administrator letter of achievement notification
- Listed as an IEHA Member expert media contact
- Be included in multiple industry-wide press releases
- Bio listed on IEHA.org
- Authorship opportunities
- Mentorship and growth opportunities
To apply, please download the appropriate application above and complete the requirements included.